Thursday, January 12, 2006

"He's back...in blog form."

Hiya, everybody. After what has amounted to a three-month hiatus from livejournaling, AIMing, and other internet-related means of communication, I have decided to take another stab at the life of a blogger. (It's okay, you can take bets on how long I'll last with this one.)

As you can see, I've decided to ditch the LiveJournal. Nothing against LJ, it's just that I'm looking to start fresh... a clean slate to craft my ideas, rants, and general musings on life. Also, if I so decide, I might just turn this into some sort of music-related blog, similar to a couple of the ones in my "links" section over on the right, there. And we all know, unless I want to look like an total emo kid (*cough*Phil*cough*), LiveJournal just won't cut it. It's time to grow up, dammit.

Seeing as how I've rarely talked to many of you in the last couple of months, I should probably let you know my current status. Since October, I've been working as a server at a sports bar/Irish pub (think Legend's on top of a Murphy's) called the Pour House. Quite frankly, I'm absolutely loving it. Both my coworkers and the customers kick ass... I've even hung out with a few of my favorite customers outside of the bar. Also, from September until right before I left to go home for the holidays, I worked as an intern in Congresswoman Shelley Berkley's (D-NV) office. I learned a lot, but I really only got along with anyone older than 30. Everyone under 30 acted like complete dicks. The good news, however, is that I recently had an interview with the Chief of Staff from Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky's (D-IL) office on Monday for the Staff Assistant position, and I think it went really well. It also helped that I had about four recommendations from people from my former office, including the Congresswoman. Here's hoping I have a job soon. *crosses fingers*

Besides that, not a whole lot to report. More to come as I think of it, of course. If you do have any questions, like "why are you such a reclusive bastard?", go ahead and post them in the comments section, and I'll try my best to answer them in the next couple of posts. Also, expect a Best Albums(/Songs?) of 2005 post at some point soon. I failed to do one last year, and didn't want to go 0-for-2.

I'm happy to be doing something like this again. And sorry I'm such a reclusive bastard.

5 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

YOU HAVE A BLOG! I seriously didn't even read it yet, I was too excited. I'm gonna go read now.

1:24 AM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger phillip retuta said...

post script: I AM NOT EMO, DAMMIT.

if only tom made that shirt.

word verification: cniakyu (or a secret character in street fighter)

5:25 AM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger Caroline said...

Phil, emo is NOT A BAD THING. Plus it almost makes you MORE emo just by warrant of always being so defensive and sensitive about being called it. Own the emo-ness, man.

Read the emo Wikipedia entry.

8:20 AM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger Jeff said...

Wikipedia is a glorious, glorious thing. I've spent entire afternoons just browsing Wikipedia for whatever I could think of.

And thanks, Phil. I've missed keeping in touch with you guys.

1:16 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger JC said...

welcome to the blog world, jeff. welcome.

8:34 PM, January 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home