Thursday, January 12, 2006

Banging my head against a table never felt so good.

I just woke up to find that BOTH nights Belle & Sebastian are playing the 9:30 Club are SOLD OUT. They sold out in like 40 minutes!!! I will never forgive myself for this.

Also, let it be known, the first one to make a wisecrack about "sleeping the clock around" will get a punch in the face.

[Update: My friend Matt, one of my "preferred customers" at the Pour House and all-around good guy, saved me from a life of regret and sold me his extra ticket. I practically owe the dude my soul. To see just how cool he is, check out his music blog, The Wonderful World of Starr.]

4 Comments:

Blogger phillip retuta said...

Thanks for the intel, dood. I'll be sure to be up and early for the 10 am ticket sale.

I'm most definitely going to ask Sara if she wants to come to the March 10th show, so I recommend getting your fine-tuned ass back to Chicago for at least that day.

9:11 AM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger Jeff said...

I don't think I'll be able to make it home that day. I got the call from Nicole last night, which was a kick ass thought btw, but I just don't think it's possible for me to go. If it was any other time, it would be fine, but just not mid-March. :(

10:14 AM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger phillip retuta said...

Post Script: Indie people don't have souls. You should tell your friend that.

5:01 PM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger phillip retuta said...

Post Post Script: In regards to the Spinto Band show -- Spinto Band's video for "Oh Mandy," directed by the bassist, Thomas Hughes.

Phenomenal.

And have you heard of The 1900's? Beautiful.

4:19 AM, January 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home