Monday, March 27, 2006

Bad Weekend.

The title kind of sums it up. Except for the Ted Leo concert, which fucking ruled. Pictures later. Sometime. And maybe an honest-to-god review? Perhaps.

So regarding everyone's new favorite rock'n'rollers (and provider of today's post title), Art Brut will be playing the Pitchfork Music Festival! Only they just haven't announced it yet. But god, does Pitchfork ever hint at it in today's article about the band. Also in the same article: news of an American release of their debut Bang Bang Rock & Roll, complete with three bonus tracks (i.e. b-sides). It's going to be a good summer, I can tell.

Tonight, the Arctic Monkeys and the Spinto Band are playing at the 9:30 Club. The show's been sold out for a while, but you can listen in to NPR tonight for the full show live.

The new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album is out. I haven't heard it yet, but you can go to Pitchfork for a review. Or better yet, go to the Wonderful World of Starr for a less snobby and much more forgiving review.

That's all for today. Hope everyone is well.

3 Comments:

Blogger phillip retuta said...

I can't tell from the post if you had a bad weekend or not. It sounds, musically speaking, that it was fun.

5:06 AM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger ChiTownWingsFan said...

Jeff makes me want to be a better blogger

12:58 PM, April 05, 2006  
Blogger Caroline said...

You know, Jeffro Tull, I miss you having a blog. It was educational and indie-licious and if anything you should have a blog ESPECIALLY because you are now a radio celebrity.

Speaking of which, no matter how hard I try I can't get WPGU on my computer, which makes me terribly sad. Jenna and Nicole tell me you're the best dj on there and they're not just saying it cause it's you. Word on the street is that you really are. So congrats! Just wish I could hear for myself *tear*

5:01 PM, September 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home