Thursday, March 23, 2006

If blogs were pets, I'd be an unfit owner.

Hello! Back again. After hmm, how long? Over a month? Ouch. Sorry, guys.

Quite frankly, I've been keeping fairly busy between work, concerts, random goings-ons, and a fairly decent personal life. Much has happened, but I will spare you the details for now and just get to the good stuff.

Pics are up now at my Flickr site for the Feist/Jason Collett show I went to back in early February. The girl in the pics is my good friend, Laila. Part motherly-figure full of worldly advice, part impish demon who will kick your ass in a moment's notice. I do have other photos I have yet to publish, including concert pics from Belle & Sebastian, Cowboy Mouth, and the National, as well as photos from a book signing with Mark Cohen himself, Anthony Rapp. Problem is, it's taking me forever, cause I have like 100 photos just from the B&S concert alone. Sheesh.

Going to see Ted Leo + the Pharmacists this Friday! I'm über-excited. Apparently, he had to cancel his Houston appearance a few days ago cause he lost his voice and didn't want to blow them out again, so hopefully, he'll be fully recovered by the time he arrives in DC.

Other future concerts for moi:
Wolf Parade @ the Black Cat, April 12th
Headlights (holy crap!!!) @ DC9, May 22nd
The Walkmen @ 9:30 Club, May 25th
Pitchfork Music Festival @ Union Park, Chicago, July 29-30th

You read right, bitches. I'm going home to Chicago to attend the Pitchfork Music Festival in July. How can I NOT?!?! Spoon, Ted Leo, the National, Jens Lekman, Yo La Tengo, etc. etc. It's going to be fucking fantastic. (Everyone thank Sara for talking me into going.)

Lastly, check out the new Walkmen track, "Louisiana", over at their MySpace page. I'm liking it.

That's all for now. Hopefully more later, er, sooner.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If blogs were pets, I'd be an unfit owner."

I can't wait till you have children.

8:19 PM, March 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home